Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Saturday, July 24, 2004

On giving thanks where thanks are deserved

"Thank You"s are a funny thing. When someone says "thank you", our culture has a tradition of the recipient of the "thank you" demurely begging the thanks off, saying "oh, it was nothing". I am as guilty of it as anyone. But, isn't it the right of the giver of thanks to determine whether the activity generating the thanks was "nothing" or "something"? I believe that it is. So, I will not accept ANY "it was nothing"s from the people who are deserving of my thanks in these past couple of months. They have done me a GREAT service by just being who they were, and doing nothing more than keeping me company through some very tough times. I know they don't know what they did, and I also haven't felt that I should burden them with the full impact of what their actions have done. But, they are deserving of thanks, none-the-less.

So, in no particular order, and with apologies for not mentioning everyone who deserves them (I don't always remember everyone I should thank), I now give some thank you's to the following people:

  • Mr. Minority
  • Emperor Darth Misha I
  • Steve KotE
  • the_redfalcon
  • Joseph Dromedary
  • Elephant Man
  • Brian, WotaP (although I should remove the thanks for those terrible puns of yours)
  • and all of the other citizens of the Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiller, whether I named you or not. Even the trolls have performed a service worthy of thanks, by being so stupid, and morally bankrupt, so as to make me look like a saint in comparison.
The people I have named stick out in my head for kind words, or timely comments, that have bolstered my flagging spirits in some VERY trying times for me. The ones that I haven't named have just been good company. Both groups are equally deserving of thanks, and I hope they realize that just being who they are is all I have ever needed from them. And that was enough to deserve the thanks.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country