Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Thursday, August 05, 2004

On cautious optimism

Yep, I'm cautiously optimistic right now. I had an interview on Tuesday for a job that will pay literally twice as much as I get paid now, with only about 25% more work. I felt that I was a long shot to even get a second interview, as I was sure that there were people FAR more qualified than I, and there were only two positions available. Well, today I was offered the job, pending a successful background check. While I do not have the cleanest background in the world, I was upfront and honest with them about it, and they felt that my background will not be a problem. I am now worried about whether or not my background will be acceptable to them, since I'm not sure what they are looking for in the check. I know, I know, I am worrying about nothing. But, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want this job, even though I know that I won't like it as much as I told them I would. But, it will enable me to pay off my debts, save up a LOT of money, and move to Texas in three years.

Did I mention that this company is headquartered in Houston? I REALLYREALLYREALLY want this job.

Please lend any spare prayer time you might have. I am making time in my schedule to ask God for His help, as I know I cannot get this job on my own. I need His help. Maybe even lots of His help.

My optimism comes from the feeling that God would not have had me check the Internet job-sites on the ONE AND ONLY day I did so, to find this job posted only an hour before I checked the site, have me be able to take off time from work to interview for the job (I know, it felt icky to me, too.), and get a call-back to be offered the position, just to say "Whoops! Just kidding! Keep doing the mind-numbing, trained-monkey task I have planned for you!". Although, if that's what He wants, I'll do it.

I just won't be happy about it.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country