Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

On mixed feelings

Okay, on the advice of some LC's over at The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiller, who are far more computer literate than I am, I switched both my web-browser and e-mail getter to Mozilla, Firefox and Thunderbird, respectively. Now, I should have thought this through, and realized that I am not exactly a genius when it comes to computer stuff. I didn't, so now I have a web-browser that is a touch tempermental, and a e-mail fetcher that I don't exactly trust. I have been assured that I am a little more virus proof as a result, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable using programs that have as many glitches as these two do (not many, but one glitch is more than I am capable of handling).

On the positive note, I get far less junk-mail than I used to, and I am actually learning a fair amount of HTML, because I am getting tired of cutting and pasting codes, and the quickie HTML buttons don't appear on any sites I've been to. They appear on my blog-editor, but the editor was created to be Mozilla compatible.

Am I just being a nervous Nancy-boy, or are the Mozilla products actually better than IE and OE?

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country