Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Saturday, December 04, 2004

On rarity

Okay, once again, light posting this week due to work. I'm learning a new route (they are ALL new to me...), and it's the biggest residential route that our shop has. I made the mistake of saying to my bosses "Work me like a dog. I LIKE to work long hours." I have a move to Texas to pay for... Anyway, they took me up on my offer, and are training me on the route that no-one else wants, because it's so damn big. And I mean BIG! The easiest day on the route is 10 hours, and 10 tons of trash, and 500 homes. That's the EASY day. So, I have some LOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGG days ahead of me, since it takes a new driver an average of 3-4 hours longer to do a route than an experienced driver. I do have a limit (DOT imposed...stupid regulations) of how many hours I work in a week, so I won't be LIVING at work, but, it will be close. I expect to be putting in 60hrs/week for the next two or three months...after I get used to it, it will only be 54hrs/week, or so. So, again, posting will be light, but I do hope to get at least a token post up every Saturday, and hopefully on Sundays also.

I do have some ideas for posts brewing in my head, but, when I get home from work, my brain just wants to turn off. So, I can never muster the energy to get something up during the week. When I was doing delivery, I could always just keep a log of my thoughts during the day, but, doing garbage pickup, I literally do not have the time. At this point of my training, I am trying to shave mere seconds off my times at each stop. (cutting a mere ten seconds off of my time between stops will save me 1hr 40min per day...) Doesn't leave a lot of time to goof off.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country