Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Sunday, December 12, 2004

On wishful thinking

I've been thinking about how to word this post for about 4 days, now. I can't come up with a good way, so, I'll try the direct way.

Every December, Dr. James Dobson's Focus On The Family radio program does reruns of the most popular programs of the year. They base this on listener feedback, and on hits to their web-page. Well, this week, on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, they did a rerun of a program I had sadly forgotten about. I heard the programs one of the other times it ran, and was powerfully moved by them. Crying, weeping, and on-my-knees-praying moved. (okay, I was driving when I heard it, so I wasn't on my knees...but, I would have been if I could have been.) It was that powerful. And I have a heart of stone.

If you are a Christian, I beg you to listen to all three programs. If you aren't, I ask that you listen anyway. I don't want you to listen to it to be evangelized, but to listen to it to see how time, and faith, can change a man. All three programs, run back-to-back, will take up about 1 1/2 hours of time. It is worth it.

Oh, the program? The name of it is Son of Hope. It's an interview with David Berkowitz. The Son of Sam. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to link directly to each program, so, the link takes you to the Focus On The Family page where the program is archived. The episodes are in reverse order, so, listen to Part One, the third one listed, first.

One day, I hope to have as faith as strong as David.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country