Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

On lame excuses

Ok, time for ANOTHER lame excuse.

Work has been getting better and better. But, there's a down-side to that. You see, I can now do my first two days of my route and be able to actually complete the route AND not have to do anything with in the next day. (Up until this week, I had to unload my truck in the morning, which meant I had to go into work an hour early, and then I had to finish my paperwork...that extra hour didn't actually go towards any real productive time, just another hour closer to the DOT-mandated 60 hour limit. Stupid DOT.) So, what's the down side?

The down-side is that I now have time to help the two new guys who are usually working the routes right next to mine. Which means I STILL can't unload my truck at night, and I'll STILL run out of hours on Friday. It's Tuesday night, and I already have almost half of my alloted hours for the week. I'm at 26 1/2 hours for the week...and I have THREE more days to go. That's just under 9 hours a day...and all of my routes take at least 11 hours to complete.

What's this have to do with the blog? Well, you see, since I'm working 12, 13, and 14 hour days, I don't have much time to actually do any blogging. I get home from work with about enough time to eat, shower, maybe check my e-mail, look at my daily reads, and then, I get to go to sleep for about 4-6 hours, to repeat the chaos again.

So, I'll be light on blogging, AGAIN, for a while. I don't know for how long, but, it could be a while. It took me almost two months to get to the point where I could do my routes on my own. But, I do have one of the biggest routes, so, maybe, the two new guys won't need my (limited) help for very long.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country