Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

On Shut Up And Sing

Okay, time for another book review.

Shut Up And Sing, by Laura Ingraham, is a fine book. It is well-written, and rather extensively lays out how out of touch the Elites are in the United States. BUT, (there's always a "but...") I won't be finishing the book. It's not the book's fault. Not in the least.

I won't be finishing the book because Laura doesn't say a darn thing I haven't heard before, from someone else. This is mostly my fault, because I read quite a bit, and have devoured many books of social and political studies of current America. Laura isn't as nasty as Ann Coulter, isn't as strident as Larry Elder, and doesn't have the inside scoop that Bernard Goldberg or Tammy Bruce does. All in all, Laura is just too darn polite to do the book justice. With the words "Shut Up" in the title, I was expecting a touch more venom and vitriol than was actually present.

All in all, it's a fine book, and Laura does skewer both Liberal and Conservative Elites with the same relish. Obviously, she skewers more Liberals than Conservatives... I would have finished this book, if I hadn't read so many other books dealing with the same, or similar, topic, or, if she had a new way of looking at the situation.

Frankly, I'm too sick and tired of the Liberal nonsense to put up with politeness.

Laura is hotter than Ann Coulter, though. So, it's not a total waste.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country