Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Sunday, March 06, 2005

On Unintended Side Effects

This weekend, I had my first two unintended side-effects of being a (not-so-diligent) blogger. I finally got to see an old friend of mine, from about six years ago, on Saturday, and I got to meet a new person on Sunday.

Harvey, of IMAO and Bad Example, used to be an employee of mine, when I was a manager of a pizza joint. Although, our roles should have been reversed. He knew far more about successful management than I did, and I'm a much better employee than employer. But, anyway, Harvey and I used to close the store down on Friday nights with some beer, cigars, and war stories from our Navy and Marine Corps days. Saturday night, we got to reprise those nights. It was more fun than should be legal.

Sunday, DeathKnyte drove down to visit for a couple of hours. Poor guy. He had to drive 3 1/2 hours to spend about 3 1/2 hours listening to me flap my gums, to drive back another 3 1/2 hours. I could have given him some suggestions of better ways to spend his time than listening to my yap, if he had just asked....

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country