Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

New home, same excuses

Okay, sorry I didn't put up a post like I said I was going to. You see, I pinched a nerve in my elbow, which has near-paralyzed 1/2 of my left hand, and left me with about 1/2 use of the rest of it, leaving me with, functionally, 1/4 use of my left hand. For those of you who are curious, my broken hand is the right hand...

So, typing with only 25-50% use of my left hand is...how do I say this...rather uncomfortable. The thought of trying to pound something out for the site sends chills up my spine, because of all the contortions I have to force my left hand to make to type at a reasonable level. Plus, I have to type most words three or four times, because I make so many typos, due to my fingers not doing what I tell them to do, meaning typing is even MORE uncomfortable.

I talked to doctor, and, frankly, she was a worthless as tits on a bull. Her advice was "Wait a couple of weeks for it to go away on its own. If it doesn't, then, we'll run some (really, REALLY expensive) tests." Thanks, doc. I could have done the "wait for it to go away on its own" treatment on my own, and saved myself $100.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country