Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Friday, August 19, 2005

On idle ramblings to kill some time

I thought I'd take some time, and fling up some random thoughts, just to remind myself that I actually DO have a blog, and it actually does NOT take care of itself.

Bow before the shopping god.

I went food shopping last night, and got enough food stuff and makings for food stuff to last me the next month, at least. I spent about $90 doing it, and total elapsed time from the minute I parked my car to the minute I started it back up to leave was 28 minutes.

Of course, I don't have much selection for the next month, but, I have food.

Don't ask me how much more I spent on soda. I'd be embarassed to say.

So, I get home from work today, and change clothes, just to have the illusion of not being covered in dust and garbage. I put on an old work shirt, just because, and had a serious mixed emotions moment.

This shirt used to be...not tight, but....close fitting on me, last year. Now, it looks almost like a tent on me. My first thought was "YAY! I've lost a lot of weight!" My second thought was "Wait, I'm still just about *mumblemumble* lbs....wow. I was a fat pig a year ago." Most people have an involuntary gasp when I tell them how much I weigh. I don't look it.

I really need to figure out how to record my thoughts during the day. While I'm working, I have brilliant insights, life changing revelations, and answers to most of life's questions. When I get home, though...nothing. I'm a dunce. I'd be hard pressed to 'earn' the 600 point on the SAT for signing my name.

I really should have been a football player.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country