Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

On wasting time

Still no news on the surgery front. The surgeon wanted to see the EMG from the neurologist. So, he asked for the EMG on Friday.

It is now Wednesday, and he still doesn't have the results. In the meantime, I've been burning up the phone lines to the surgeon's office, trying to find out what the fuck is going on. (sorry about the profanity, but, I used much more on the phone) On Monday, I called to find out what was going on, and left a message for the scheduler to call me back. (she was on another line) When I got home on Tuesday (two hours after the surgeon's office closed), I still hadn't heard anything. So, I left ANOTHER message, this one a little nastier. I get home today (after leaving work two hours early so I could try and schedule this surgery before their office closed), they STILL hadn't called me back. So, I called them, again.

This time, I was pretty nasty. When the receptionist asked to get my phone number so the scheduler could call me back, I said "No. I'll talk to her NOW. I left a message for her on Monday, about a phone call I was supposed to recieve Monday, and I left a message yesterday. I've had to take off five hours of work, just in the past three days, to wait for someone to call me back, and I'm done letting you call me back. So, I'll wait." She complied.

When I actually talked to the scheduler, at first, she was a little irate with me, until I revealed to her how much MORE irate I was, and for what reasons. It seems the first message she had been given that I had called was 30 seconds before she picked up the phone today....

Anyway, the surgeon is STILL waiting for the EMG, and will hopefully call me back tomorrow with a date for some cuttin'.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country