Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Another Update That Doesn't Say Anything

It has been...three? weeks since my surgery, and things are still up in the air. I have feeling back in a small portion of my hand, but, I have LOST feeling in part of my elbow. So, I'm taking that as a good sign.

As you can see by the post following this one, I can now type for a bit longer. I did have to take a couple of breaks during that post, and I'm going to spend the rest of my day manually extending my little finger, due to the clawing that post caused, but, it didn't hurt, and my hand and arm didn't cramp up during it. My hand did get fatigued, but, hey? What did I expect? There aren't any muscles left in my hand. Was I expecting God to miracle them back into existence?

Other than that, not much has changed. I have been trying not to get worried, or impatient, sometimes with success. The nerve was pretty badly damaged, so, it's gonna take a while for it to heal. In fact, from some hints that the surgeon and neurologist dropped, it could be six months before I even know if the surgery was successful! So, back to waiting....

Have I mentioned that I hate waiting? I'm not very patient.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country