Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Saturday, December 03, 2005

File under "What took you so long?!"

I'm not sure I want to try to explain this, but....

Unlike a lot of other bloggers, I don't really know who my blog-parents are. There are a lot of people who suggested I get a blog of my own, but, I can't really say who it was who was the final straw. Nor can I actually remember who it was who actually suggested I get a blog, now that I think about it. So, I guess I am a blog-orphan.

And now, I'm a blog-orphan daddy. I now have my very firstest blog-daughter....who also happens to be my mother. I'm not really sure I want to even TRY to wrap my meager little brain around that concept, because, frankly, I think it would weird me out too much. But, anyway, my mother is now my blog-daughter. Hooray for me! I think.

Anyway, as most of you know, my mother and I don't see eye to eye on most issues. BUT, that doesn't mean that her opinions on the issues aren't well thought out, well intentioned, or even well argued. Actually, quite the contrary. I actually gained my ability to argue relatively coherently and passionately from her. Now, over the years, that has meant that we've refined our arguement skills against each other, and many times, kept our vocal chords in pretty good shape, as well. But, while I won't agree with her on most topics, and she won't agree with me on most topics, we both still do love each other, and, I think we also both have a fair amount of respect for the others perspective and skill. Sometimes grudging respect, but, still respect.

While I don't agree with her, and many of my loyal readers won't agree with her, she's still my mother, and I'm still a Marine at heart. You behave over there. If you think I can be quite nasty here, just wait to see how nasty I can get when you mess with my family. People who know me from the Rott might be amazed at how nasty I will get if they mess with my family. So, keep it civil, and keep it polite, and we'll all get along just fine over there.

Even if we don't agree.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country