Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Saturday, December 10, 2005

More of an update than an excuse, but....

Okay, sorry about the really light posting again. I've got a decent reason for it, though.

I started working nights delivering pizzas. So, after I've worked my 8-10 hour day slingin' trash, I get to deliver pizzas for another 3-5 hours. Doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging. But, if tips keep up at this rate, I'll be out of debt in less than a year. Right now, I'll be out of debt in almost EXACTLY one year. But, that's not soon enough for me.

Oh, for those of you who are whining about not being able to get out of debt on your income? I make about $28,000 a year at my full time job, and about $14,000 a year at my part time job (haven't actually made that yet. that's an estimate....a LOW estimate), and I have about $18,000 in debt. Take out my taxes (~25%), and that leaves me with about $31,000 a year, to pay off $18,000. And I'm going to do it. Yes, a person CAN live on $13,000 a year, and moderately comfortably, as long as they are willing to redefine "comfort". So, please, spare me your whining about not being able to scrape by on $60,000, $70,000, or $80,000 a year. It just makes you a whiner. And, yes, I know that anklebiters cost money. Not nearly as much money as you say they do, though.

Anyway, enough whiner bashing. For those of you who care about the condition of my hand, it's better than it was. That's about all I can say about it. I have a little more feeling, and a little more muscle control, but, it's going to be a while before it approaches anything even remotely resembling "usable". Oh, well.

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country