Random Firings of Neurons

The rest of your life is going to be spent getting back up after life has knocked you down again. You might as well just get used to it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Round Rock, Texas, United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Conundrums and questions

Okay, so, I'm thinking about changing my car insurance provider, and I started doing some shopping around.

Anyone out there have a good reason why the high risk insurance provider I currently have has rates that are HALF of what the low risk providers are offering? I was "high risk" because I kinda didn't carry auto insurance for quite a bit of time, and that made me high risk.

No tickets in the past 3 years, at least, and the only accident I've been in, in the past three years, wasn't my fault, and I couldn't do anything to avoid it, other than not be there.

One insurance company, with a stupid reptile as its mascot, won't insure me, because I had the bad luck of being present when a stupid Longhorn student ran into the back of my work truck, and another insurance company, named after a wimpy alternative title for "liberal", wants me to "save" money with them, by paying TWICE what I currently pay, for the exact same coverage. Those are the only two providers I've gotten quotes from, but, they are both providers that supposedly cater to "low risk" drivers.

From what I've seen, so far, I'm better off staying with the high risk provider, and remaining a low risk driver.

Any thoughts? Please?

Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful, to God, Corps and Country